Kijal (UMNO) assemblyman Ahmad Said began his first day of work as Terengganu Mentri Besar at his office in Wisma Darul Iman in Kuala Terengganu at 8am today, Tuesday 25 March 2008.
His supporters were seen gathered outside the office complex and there was a heavy police presence, but no incidents were reported.
One of his first statements as MB, Ahmad was that he intended to continue the work of the previous MB Idris Jusoh.
"It would have been difficult not to accept the position of Terengganu Mentri Besar as I had been selected by the palace," he said.
He also was reported as saying he hoped that the 22 UMNO assemblymen who had protested against his appointment would "cool down soon" to enable him to appoint his state executive councillors.
Yesterday, Monday, Ahmad Said had reiterated that his appointment as Menteri Besar by means of the letter bestowed to him on Sunday by the Terengganu Regency Advisory Council was sufficient, as it was made in accordance with the state’s laws and that he need not be sworn in, before being able to carry out his duties as MB.
Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
- Everything changes, nothing perishes
Post a Comment