Friday 11 April 2008

The School Report

A bored student
How many of us have dreaded our parents seeing our
school report?

Most of us I sure!

Well here is a story of how one boy dealt with this
daunting dilemma.

A father, passing by his son's bedroom, was astonished
to see the bed was nicely made, and everything was
picked up from the floor.
Then, he saw an envelope propped up prominently on
the pillow.

the letter said:-
 
"Dear Dad,
It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing to you.

I had to elope with my new girlfriend, because I wanted
to avoid a scene.

I've been finding real passion with Stacy, and she is so nice, but I knew you would not approve of her, because of all her piercings, tattoos, her tight Motorcycle clothes, and because she is so much older than I am.


But it's not only the passion, Dad. She's pregnant.


Stacy says that we will be very happy.

She owns a trailer in
the woods, and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children.

Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone.

We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people in the commune for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want.


In the meantime, we'll pray that
science will find a cure for AIDS, so Stacy can get better. Don't worry Dad, I'm 15, and I know how to take care of myself. Someday, I'm sure we'll be back to visit, so you can get to know your many grandchildren.

Love, your son,


Joshua



P.S. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Jason's house. I just
wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the school report that's on the kitchen table.”


That may be a rather bold way to approach it, but it nevertheless it give the message to us all the we should not sweat the small things, shit happens and it has to be dealt with.

Hot-housing our children to be the cleverest in the class at school and thereby putting too much pressure on them when they are young is a very bad idea.

Chill out you young parents, don't pressure cook your children.

Let then work hard and also play hard.

Learning in important, but like everything else, it should be done in moderation.

Don't worry too much.
Worse things happen at sea!!


Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges,
tamen ipsae suaptae enitent

- A good seed, planted even in poor soil,
will bear rich fruit by its own nature.
 

No comments: