Thursday 3 April 2008

Abdullah says he Will Not Resign As Prime Minister


Sleepy Abdullah A

Abdullah was asked to comment on speculation that he about to resign as Malaysia’s Prime Minister following calls by some leaders, including his predecessor Mahathir Mohamad, that he should do so, in order to take responsibility for the Barisan Nasional's dismal showing in last month's general election.

Abdullah repeated his position saying that he would not shy away from his responsibilities.

"I am here. I am here. I am here. They make all the speculations that I want to run away, I've resigned. Why should I resign.”

"My Government has got a strong majority, not the two-thirds, but very strong... that is the stand of support. Why I must run away from my entrusted responsibility," he told reporters after having a private meeting with Terengganu MB Ahmad Said (who was not Abdullah's choice for the MB post) at his office in Putrajaya, near Kuala Lumpur.



Sleepy Abdullah A B, with Najib behind.

The BN lost its eternal two-thirds majority in parliament after winning only 140 of the 222 parliamentary whilst the Opposition won 82 seats.

The BN also lost control of the states of Penang, Perak, Selangor and Kedah besides failing to regain Kelantan from PAS.

Abdullah's lack of public appearances lately has also lent more credence to the speculation that he had either resigned, or was about to resign.

Well, anything could happen, he may resign today or tomorrow, remember how he has the habit of totally denying things a day or two before they occur!

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

- False in one thing, false in all


No comments: