Tuesday 11 August 2009

A Gesture of Love

In this time of selfishness, greed, hypocrisy, corruption, nepotism, cronyism, racial and religious discrimination, when lies, deception and cheating are more often than not norms.

When there is too little love and too much hate, when there is bias and favouritism, crime without punishment and punishment without crime.

Take a look at this short video and reflect on important issues affecting everyone, and vow to do something to make things better.





And please remember this too:

Als die Nazis-(1945) by Rev. Martin Niemöller


Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,

habe ich geschwiegen;

ich war ja kein Kommunist.


Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,

habe ich geschwiegen;

ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.


Als sie die Gewerkschafter holten,

habe ich nicht protestiert;

ich war ja kein Gewerkschafter.


Als sie die Juden holten,

habe ich geschwiegen;

ich war ja kein Jude.


Als sie mich holten,

gab es keinen mehr, der protestierte.



English Translation:


When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not protest;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to protest.




Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)



Expressio unius est exclusio alterius



The mention of one thing may exclude others




Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento



Look around you, remember that you are mortal.





No comments: