Friday 15 February 2008

Malaysia Rides a Wave of Lawlessness and Crime




Inspector- General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Musa Hassan has been reported today (15 Feb. 2008) as saying:

“Our members are ready to serve. Other than their given duties during the election period, their daily task of crime prevention will not be neglected."

I received a forwarded email from Penang recently, the contents included:-

“Ladies pls pls be extra be careful..yoh…….. really cannot imagine if happen to me..


Be careful girls, if going out alone better don't carry any bag. Even if you going out with your boyfriend, don't carry the bag yourself but ask your boyfriend to carry then. I bet after so many cases have happened, today guys wont mind helping their gf carry handbag.

My house mate's friend in Penang . This happened a couple of days ago.”

(Graphic photographs of the wounds were attached to the email I received, they are truly horrifying, so I will not show them here.)


“Beware of Snatch Theft

I was walking alone in a pavement along shoplots, all of sudden a man came from behind, cut the string off my sport bag, grabbed it and ran away.

It was an instinctive reaction to get the bag back and after some struggling, the theft ran away without a trace. And I was badly wounded. There are multiple slashes on my back and both legs and that caused me to require not less than 100 stitches on my body.

Please be careful while being or walking alone in quite places, especially all the ladies, those insane creatures can be extremely violent and truly harmful. Be warned. Be aware.”


The fact remains that the level of crime in Malaysia is up, just recently a lady in Penang was severely injured after having been repeatedly slashes with a sharp knife, she was attacked by a snatch thief who had initially used to knife to sever the handbag handle, but turned it on the lady when she resisted the theft.

She required 100 stitches to close the multiple wounds on her legs and back.

Crime and lawlessness are getting worse and worse and the Royal Malaysia Police seem to be oblivious to it.

Much more needs to be done to prevent crime, at present policemen on crime prevention patrols, both on foot and by motorcycle and car, are as rare as hens’ teeth!



Kippis Terveydeksi!


No comments: